Patient-focused, Board certified Radiologist with over 20 years of successful practice in large and small hospital settings. Specialist in Diagnostic Radiology with a subspecialty in Breast Imaging and intervention, providing breast imaging consultation to all physicians including oncologists, and surgeons on conditions requiring complex imaging diagnostics.
LSU Health Science Center New Orleans, LA – Women’s And Breast Imaging Fellowship (05/2016)
University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics Iowa City, Iowa – M.D.: Diagnostic Radiology Residency / Board certified in Diagnostic Radiology (05/2003)
- Passed recertification exam in 2013.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Iowa City, IA – Transitional Year in Surgery (06/1998)
University of Iowa Iowa City, IA – M.D. (05/1997)
- I was awarded with Department of Radiology Best Senior Resident Research Presentation 2002,” Investigation of the accuracy of 2D Cine MRI in evaluation of the four measurements of the aortic root in patients with connective tissue disorders such as Marfans and Ehlers Danlos against the standard imaging modality of 2D Echocardiography
Southern University And A & M College I Baton Rouge, LA I 12/1990 Bachelor of Science: Zoology
I was recently nominated in April 2022 for “The Spirit of Hope Award” by the Lafayette Chapter of the American Cancer Society.
• Interpret 2D mammography /Tomosynthesis
• interpret Breast Ultrasound
• interpret Breast MRI
• Perform needle biopsies using ultrasound, stereotatic, mri-guided breast biopsies, and magseed or wire localization procedures, cyst aspirations, abscess drainage.
Radiologist I Breast Center of Acadiana – Lafayette, LA I 03/2021 – 04/2022
- Interpretation of all breast imaging modalities and performance of all breast biopsy techniques .
Lead Radiologist I Acadiana Radiology Group – Lafayette, LA I 09/2019 – 01/2021
- Interpret all breast imaging modalities and performed breast biopsies using all breast modalities, and magseed or wire localizations.
Medical Director I Elaine Junco Breast Imaging Center – Lafayette, LA I 07/2018 – 09 /2020
- Oversaw quality control of the breast center and licensing by ACR to maintain Breast Center of excellence status in all imaging modalities. Also did interpretation of all breast imaging modalities, and performed biopsies using all modalities and magseed and wire localizations.
Staff Radiologist I Regional Radiology Group – Lafayette, LA I 08/2016 – 07/2018
- Interpretation of all imaging modalties and performance of biopsies using every breast modality.
Locum Tenens Physician I The Feldman Spine Institute – Baton Rouge, LA I 03/2012 – 12/2014
- Interpreted general radiological imaging which includes, cxr, us, ct scans, mri.
Staff Radiologist I Ochsner Clinic Foundation – Baton Rouge, LA 110/2005 – 06/2011
- interpreted all imaging modalities ; xrays, ct-scans, ultrasound, mammography , and MRI.
Staff Radiologist I US Radiology Partners – Lafayette, Louisiana I 07 /2003 – 06/2005
- Interpretation of General and breast radiology exams in all imaging modalities, also performed liver, lung, thyroid biopsies using CT and Ultrasound imaging.